Summer Employment at the Club
We are currently hiring lifeguards, managers, snack bar attendants as well as camp employees for the 2022 season!
To apply for a job see below for information about the job positions and a link to apply for the position. All new and returning employees must fill out the employment form. Lifeguard and camp positions are open to members as well as non-members but members children get first priority. Snack bar positions are available to members only.
Seasonal Positions Are As Follows
We hire lifeguards, pool operators and pool managers for each new season. We will hire members as well as non-members, so if you know of someone looking for a great summer job please send them our way. Any questions regarding the positions please contact Dave Hardy, GM, at email@example.com.
LIFEGUARDS, POOL OPERATORS AND POOL MANAGERS
- Lifeguards must be certified by an approved Montgomery County course
- Lifeguards must be 15 years of age prior to completion of the lifeguarding course
- Full time Lifeguards are expected to work 3+ shifts per week (24 hours minimum)
- Click here to apply for a lifeguard or pool manager position
SNACK BAR MANAGERS
We are looking for two college aged individuals to run our snack bar. The candidates could have a variety of majors, from Hotel/Restaurant Management to Business. They will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the snack bar as well as ordering, scheduling and employee training.
SNACK BAR ATTENDANTS
Snack bar attendants will work under the GM and will be the face of the snack bar. Snack bar attendants will prepare and serve food as well as be in charge of the cash register. Snack bar attendants must be 14 years of age by Labor Day 2022 and must be DSRC members. All attendants will be expected to work at least 3 shifts per week. The snack bar will more closely resemble pre-COVID this year with two attendants per shift and I will be limiting hiring. Not all applicants will get a job, decisions on employees will be made by the end of February.
Click here to apply for a snack bar attendant position
CAMP GREEN ZONE COUNSELORS
We are currently hiring Junior Counselors and Counselors, no experience required and must be 15 years of age by the time camp begins.
We are also looking to hire an Assistant Camp Director, must be an adult and have previous camp or equivalent experience.
Job Type: Camp GreenZone seeks an energetic, creative, and kid-loving camp counselor to serve as a seasonal, full-time Summer Camp Counselor. Camp GreenZone is an nine week day-camp program beginning in mid-June, when Montgomery County School System dismisses for the year, and continues through the summer until the Friday before MCPS returns to school. *
Camp GreenZone: Founded in 2014, Camp GreenZone exclusively serves children of the Darnestown Swim and Racquet Club members with a full-day outdoors day camp experience. The camp continues to increase in popularity with members and campers because of its kid-centered, summer-loving, all outdoor programming serving kids of all ages.
Essential Job Functions:
- provide safe environment for campers to have fun
- work well in a team-oriented environment
- group supervision of campers with attention to: behavior and group management, health, safety, security, and personal and skill development
- teach or assist programs at camp including but not limited to: sports, arts & crafts, nature walks, water games, etc
- serve as positive role model for campers
- carry out sense of community and mission of the club
Physical Aspects of the Job: Camp GreenZone is an exclusively outdoor camp in the heat of the Washington DC summers. Therefore Camp Counselor needs to have the physical stamina and ability to work in these conditions.
- Ability to be on their feet for an extended day
- Possess physical capacity to fulfill all Essential Job Functions – Responsibilities listed above