2024 Camp GreenZone
Returning Campers: Registration opens Saturday, January 13th at 12pm.
New Campers: Registration opens Saturday, January 20th at 12pm.
Log into your MemberSplash account and click on “2024 Camp Registration”
Camp GreenZone is a multi-sports program (swim, tennis, basketball, kickball, Frisbee golf, flag football and soccer) with arts-n-crafts, nature and games for children of members ages 4-13 (must be 4 years old by June 1, 2024.)
Camp runs in one-week sessions from around mid June to end of August, and is available:
- Full Day: 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Half Day: 8:30am – 12:00pm or 12:00 – 3:30pm
- Before and After Care: 8 – 8:30am and 3:30 – 6pm
Before and after care registration will take place in the spring, before camp begins, via a separate form that will be emailed to all registered campers. Campers must be registered for before and after care prior to their week of camp beginning.
2024 Session Dates:
- June 17 – 21 *If Montgomery County Schools have makeup day(s) we will refund a prorated amount for those day(s) of camp. Camp will begin the first day that Montgomery County Schools are out for the year
- June 24 – 28
- July 1 – 5 *pro-rated, no camp on 7/4 FULL-DAY FULL
- July 8 – 12 FULL-DAY FULL, HALF-DAY FULL
- July 15 – 19 FULL-DAY FULL
- July 22 – 2 HALF-DAY FULL
- July 29 – August 2
- August 5 – 9
- August 12 – 16
- August 19 – 23
All CIT Spots FULL
Campers will need to provide their own snack/lunch (Lunch time is around 11:15am) and will be split up by age groups for some daily activities.
Special Offering of Camp GreenZone:
- Sibling Discounts: 5% off of 2nd camper, first camper pays full price
- Multi-Week Discount: 5% of each week if you register for more than one week of camp
- CIT Program for rising 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th graders. CITs are responsible for assisting counselors with running camp activities. 20 SSL hours will be awarded per week for full participation.
Weekly Program Full Day Half Day Before/After Care
5 Days of Camp $375 $200 $10/per camper per hour
CIT Program $225
Total Number of Campers Per Week:
- Full Day – 30 campers
- Half Day – 3 campers
- CIT’s – 3
Before/After Care Fee Structure
- In order for Camp GreenZone staff to be prepared and properly staffed, all before/after care must be registered in advance using the before/after care form.
- $10 per child per hour, camper must be registered for before/after care by 3pm on the Friday prior to their week of camp beginning. For example: if your child is enrolled in camp beginning Monday, July 10th then they must register for before/after care by 3pm on Friday, July 7th.
- Any child not enrolled by 3pm on the Friday prior to their week of camp beginning will be charged $13 per hour per child.
- Before/after care is fully refundable up until the Friday before your week of camp begins at 3pm. If your child has camp on July 10th and you registered for before/after care in advance but have a change and no longer need it we will give you a refund up until July 7th at 3pm.
- Before/after care registration will take place around Memorial Day and will be emailed out to all camp registrants.
DSRC keeps a non-refundable processing fee to help cover our administration costs associated with registration. This policy is not meant to be punitive but is in place to ensure that families only register for Camp GreenZone with the intention of attending and not just as a placeholder. We have had a lot of cancellations in past years, and it becomes very hard to replace a camper once summer approaches.
- If a camper withdraws before March 1st camper will receive a refund minus a $25 per week processing fee
- If a camper withdraws between March 1 and May 31 camper will receive a refund minus a $40 per week processing fee
- No refund will be given for any camper that withdraws after May 31
- If DSRC must cancel camp for any unforeseen reason, all campers will receive a full refund
- Campers should have sunscreen applied prior to arriving at camp. We will also have campers reapply sunscreen several times throughout the day.
- Each camper’s parent/guardian must provide written permission for use and application of sunscreen on their child. Without this, DSRC staff are not allowed to assist with sunscreen application/reapplication.
- Sunscreen containers must be clearly labeled with the camper’s name.
- If your child forgets sunscreen or bug spray, we will assume that it is okay for your child to borrow from a friend. If your child has any product restrictions, please email Alyssa at email@example.com.
Camper Health History Form
Camper Health History Form
Camp Director, Alyssa Bessasparis
I am excited to be returning as the DSRC Camp GreenZone Director for 2024!
I will continue to create a safe and fun-filled environment for this summer. We will swim, do crafts, play tennis, basketball, flag football, soccer, and many more games. If you have a favorite sport, craft or camp activity you like, be sure to let me know! I am always open to feedback and will do my best to incorporate all that you hope to get out of camp.
Camp will run from mid-June through the end of August, and I can’t wait to see you again! I look forward to a great summer!
~Alyssa Bessasparis, Camp GreenZone Director
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.