2022 Camp GreenZone
Letter from our Camp Director, Alyssa Bessasparis
New and Returning Campers and Families,
Welcome! My name is Alyssa Bessasparis and I am excited to be the DSRC Camp GreenZone Director this year!
I recently moved to Virginia from Pennsylvania where I worked in group homes, foster care and a behavioral needs school. I am now a 2nd-3rd grade teacher in McLean, VA, and I absolutely love it! I actually found my love of teaching through summer camps! I grew up ice skating, and some of my best childhood memories were attending ice skating summer camps. I made some of my best friends, and played the coolest games! As a teenager, one of my first jobs was the role of Summer Camp Counselor at an ice skating rink. I taught ice skating classes and private lessons while also doing camp crafts and outdoor activities. It was there that I learned I wanted to be a teacher. Now, I am excited to get back to the fun of summer camp!
My goal is to create a safe and fun-filled environment. I have heard wonderful things about Camp GreenZone, and I am excited to be part of it! My hope is that we can all build on the great activities that Camp GreenZone has offered in the past. We will swim, do crafts, play tennis, basketball, flag football, soccer, and many more games. If you have a favorite sport, craft or camp activity you like, be sure to let me know! I am always open to feedback and will do my best to incorporate all that you hope to get out of camp.
This year, we will continue to offer Mini Camp (ages 4-6), Junior Camp (ages 7-10) and Senior Camp/Counselors in Training (ages 11-13). We will offer full day and partial day camp as well as before and after care. Camp will run from mid-June through the end of August and I can’t wait to see you there! I look forward to a great summer!
~Alyssa Bessasparis, Camp GreenZone Director
General Camp Overview
Camp GreenZone is a multi-sports program (swim, tennis, basketball, kickball, Frisbee golf, flag football and soccer) with arts-n-crafts, nature and games for children of members ages 4-13. Each week of camp will be limited to the first 20 registrants.
Camp runs in one week sessions from around mid June to end of August, and is available:
- Full Day: 9am – 4pm
- Half Day: 9am – 12:30pm or 12:30 – 4pm
- Before and After Care: 8 – 9am and 4 – 6pm
Must be paid in advance of camp.
2022 Session Dates: ALL WEEKS FULL
- June 20-24 FULL
- June 27 – July 1 FULL
- July 5 –8 *pro-rated, no camp on 7/4 FULL
- July 11 – 15 FULL
- July 18 – 22 FULL
- July 25 – 29 FULL
- August 1 – 5 FULL
- August 8 – 12 FULL
- August 15 – 19 FULL
Campers will need to provide their own snack/lunch (Lunch time is around 11:15am) and will be split up by age groups for some daily activities:
- Mini Camp: Ages 4-6
- Junior Camp: Ages 7-10
- Senior Camp/CIT’s: Ages 11- 13
Special Offering of Camp GreenZone:
- CIT Program for rising 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th graders
- Sibling Discounts 10% off of 2nd camper
- Early Bird Registration Discount – register by February 18th – discount of $20/per camper, per week for full day, $10/per camper per week for half day camp. Does not apply to CIT Program.
Weekly Program Full Day Half Day Before/After Care
5 Days of Camp $350 $180 $10/camper per hour
Drop-in Per Day $90 $65 $10/camper per hour
CIT Program $180
CAMP GreenZone Refund Policy
- If a camper withdraws at least 21 days in advance you will receive a full refund.
- If a camper withdraws 14-20 days in advance 50% refund will be issued.
- If DSRC must cancel camp for any unforeseen reason, all campers will receive a full refund.
- If a camper withdraws with less than 14 days advance notice no refund will be given.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.