2021 Camp GreenZone
Click to Register for Camp!
Early Bird Registration Discount Ends February 19th!
General Camp Overview
Camp GreenZone is a multi-sports program (swim, tennis, basketball, kickball, Frisbee golf, flag football and soccer) with arts-n-crafts, nature and games for children of members ages 4-13.
Camp runs in one week sessions from around mid June to end of August, and is available:
- Full Day: 9am – 4pm
- Half Day: 9am – 12pm or 12 – 4pm
- Before and After Care: 8 – 9am and 4 – 6pm
Must be paid in advance of camp.
2021 Session Dates:
- June 24-25 *pro-rated partial week
- June 28 – July 2 WEEK FULL
- July 5 –9
- July 12 – 16 WEEK FULL
- July 19 – 23 WEEK FULL
- July 26 – 30 WEEK FULL
- August 2 – 6. WEEK FULL
- August 9 – 13 WEEK FULL
- August 16 – 20 WEEK FULL
Campers will need to provide their own snack/lunch (Lunch time is 11:45am-12:15pm,) and will be split up by age groups for some daily activities:
- Tiny Tots: Ages 4-6
- Junior Camp: Ages 7-10
- Senior Camp/CIT’s: Ages 11- 13
Special Offering of Camp GreenZone:
- CIT Program for rising 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th graders
- Sibling Discounts 10% off of 2nd camper
- Early Bird Registration Discount of $20/per camper, per week if registered by February 19th for full and half day camp only. Does not apply to CIT Program.
Weekly Program Full Day Half Day Before/After Care
5 Days of Camp $350 $180 $10/camper per hour
Drop-in Per Day $90 $65 $10/camper per hour
CIT Program $180
CAMP GreenZone Refund Policy
- If a camper withdraws at least 21 days in advance you will receive a full refund.
- If a camper withdraws 14-20 days in advance 50% refund will be issued.
- If DSRC must cancel camp for any unforeseen reason, all campers will receive a full refund.
- If a camper withdraws with less than 14 days advance notice no refund will be given.
- Camp will follow all CDC, State and Montgomery County COVID guidelines. This will include masking, social distancing, cohorts, etc. If the guidelines are updated or changed we will follow the guidelines laid out for us.
- Drop in will not be allowed under the current guidelines. CDC recommends keeping cohorts together and not adding new members to the cohort
- COVID screening will take place daily
- Camp will be limited to 15 campers per week
- All COVID guidelines are subject to change based on changing guidelines from the above governing bodies
I am currently a science teacher at Meade Middle School and will be entering my fifth year of teaching this September. I hold a Bachelor’s in Forensic Science from Marymount University, a Master’s in General Education from Northcentral University, and am currently working on my Doctoral in Curriculum Writing and Leadership.
Going into my third year of being a Camp Director, I hope to provide an engaging, educational, fun, and safe atmosphere for the DSRC Campers, where they are in the best position to learn from Counselors as well as peers.
Maryland Bluebird Society (MBS)
We are proud to be partners with MBS and honored to have their participation with educating our campers.
Audubon Naturalist Society Partners with DSRC!
Audubon Naturalist Society (ANS), a local non-profit environmental education and conservation advocacy organization, had generously donated an Eastern Blue Bird nest box to DSRC, which will be mounted on a pole in our field. This wonderful addition the the DSRC property will be used as a fun hands-on educational resource for Camp Green Zone campers, as they learn about its habitat, which was once threatened doe to deforestation, but is now coming back! Thank you, ANS!
Calleva’s mission is simple. Get people of all ages outdoors, providing educational and challenging environments that promote personal growth, group cooperation and leadership skills through outdoor activities. For over 20 years, Calleva has built a reputation for excellence and innovation in outdoor education and outdoor adventure programming. We are committed to continuing this tradition, building on the values that make us who we are. Calleva is the area’s leader in outdoor education. calleva.org
Leave No Trace
The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics is a national organization that protects the outdoors by teaching and inspiring people to enjoy it responsibly. The Center accomplishes this mission by delivering cutting-edge education and research to millions of people across the country every year. Enjoy your world. Leave No Trace. https://lnt.org/
Earth Stewardship East
Earth Stewardship East is an organization led by DSRC member Merikay Smith. Merikay has offered to allow the campers to grow a vegetable garden on her property. She lives across the street from the club and over the years the camp has taken walking field trips to see her native gardens, ponds, trees, pollinators. It’s a special place that camp loves. Her website is http://eartheast.org/what-we-do.
Montgomery County Beekeepers
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.