Junior Tennis Programs, Schedules & Registration
Our youth tennis programs have something for all ages 3+. Our current clinic offerings are below.
And out Junior Tennis Team (JTT) is an intensive six-week team environment, similar to the DSRC Swim Team. Kids practice every weekday and have a tennis match once a week. There are team events, such as pep rallies, team t-shirts and end of season party. Junior Team Tennis allows kids to have fun, be on a team, enjoy team spirit, make friends, and learn to love tennis for a lifetime.
ALL PLAYING LEVELS ARE WELCOME! If your tennis player is nervous or not quite sure if they are ready, please send them for a trial run. We strive to make the JTT an inclusive, fun environment.
Do you need a racquet for your child? Fret not, we sell them in the tennis office and will get them fit with the proper size.
Athletes participating in the junior instructional program will be placed in small groups of 4 to 6 (based on ability/peer group) and run through a series of stations/drills with members of the DSRC Tennis Instructional Staff. This will allow us to maintain safe distances during each on court class.
Before You Play:
Please sign the Health Waiver before registering for a session. Click to log into your MemberSplashaccount and go to Forms in the upper right corner.
Fall Session 1 8/30 – 9/11
Fall Session 2 9/13 – 9/25
Fall Session 3 9/27 – 10/9
Fall Session 4 10/11 – 10/23
Week of 10/25 Weather make-up classes
Tiny Tots (athletes aged 3 to 5 years old)
Athletes in this clinic will be introduced to tennis. They will learn the basic tennis groundstrokes and volleys. Additionally, they will work on athletic skills of running, jumping, throwing and catching—all skills that will improve their tennis ability.
- Monday and Wednesday 5:00-5:30pm, $40 per 2 week session
Team Prep 1 (athletes aged 6 to 10+ years old)
Athletes in this clinic will work on all tennis strokes from groundstrokes to serves and volleys. Additionally, they will learn how to keep score, play games and be introduced to match play.
- Monday and Wednesday 5:30-6:30pm, $80 per 2 week session
Team Prep 2 and Advanced Team (Athletes aged 11+ years)
Athletes will be grouped by ability. Athletes in this clinic will work to perfect technique on all tennis strokes. Additionally, players will work to understand point development by participating in game and match play situations.
- Monday 6:30-7:45pm, $50 per 2 week session
The Junior Tennis Team (JTT) is one of DSRC’s hallmark programs. This is a fabulous program to get a tennis racquet in the hands of our youngest members and keep it in their hands until they graduate from highschool!!! As a member of the JTT, athletes will hone their skills on ALL basic tennis strokes and learn how to structure and play points to experience success in tennis competition. Tennis is a challenging sport to learn….this opportunity will allow your young human tennis success. All JTT members will participate in weekly practice stroke technique as well as learn strategies to help them win the point! This will be accomplished by a mixture of stroke production practice, strategy sessions and some good old fashion fun!
JTT practices will be aligned with swim team age group practice times. It is the desire of the Club for our young members to experience the best of both of these amazing sports.
All levels are welcome to join the JTT! If for some reason, your athlete is nervous, send them out for a trial session…we have a 100% return rate! Also, regarding tennis racquets, please see Teri before you head out to AMAZON.
JTT SESSION 1: June 21 – July 9 ($75 per session)
JTT SESSION 2: July 12 – July 30 ($75 per session)
Practices will run Monday – Friday
- Age 12+: 9:30 – 10:30am
- Age 9-11: 10:30 – 11:15am
- Age 8U: 11:15 – 12:00pm
- PPE requirements
- All coaches will wear face coverings/masks that cover their nose, mouth, and chin when entering/exiting any facility and during all practices.
- All athletes will wear masks when entering/exiting the facility and while at practices.
Social distancing requirements
- Athletes, coaches, and any other individual permitted/required to be at any practice must maintain 6 feet of distance at all times.
- There will be a designated break in between each practice group to ensure that there is appropriate spacing for social distancing and to minimize interactions between practice groups.
Athlete Check-in and Practice Procedures
- Athletes will only be permitted to line up outside the facility 10 minutes before their scheduled practice time and must, in accordance with the PPE and social distancing requirements set forth above, be wearing a Mask and maintaining at least 6 feet of distance.
- Parents/spectators or other third parties will NOT be allowed in the facility at any time during swim practice unless they are a Coach, Team Representative, or assigned volunteer.
- All athletes whose temperature is lower than 100.4 will be allowed to practice.